Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Random Musings

1. There are so many sewing ladies I'd love to meet in person!

2. I am grateful for all of the positive feedback, encouragement, answers to questions and constructive criticism that I receive here and on Pattern Review - THANK YOU! Sincerely. 

3. I cannot believe I have nearly 50 followers. I know some have hundreds and even thousands -- but I'm still quite amazed and again, I am grateful. 

4. I am seriously coveting a cover stitch. Seriously. 

5. I have 87,341 things I want to sew. Pesky details like work and sleep are interfering. 

6. I am still giddy when I make belt carriers. It's so simple yet so awesome to do!

7. I think I am the only person who doesn't find the Betzina fly zipper tutorial the most awesome. I like the instructions in the Burda pants I'm sewing for the boy. That zipper looks good. 

8. I am a fabric addict (surprise!!). I need some more cotton lawn and voile. And I need crepe. NEED. And ponte. I need more ponte. 

9. I am deliriously infatuated with bias cut plaid. 

10. I am deliriously excited about turning 35 this year. 

11. I am gaining quite the appreciation for the Tilton Vogue designs. 

12. I suck at hand sewing. My hand sewing looks like my handwriting. 

13. I am going to trace everything in the April Burda Style when it arrives. ALL of the things!

14. I'm still knitting that sweater. I missed the deadline. But she wasn't upset. 

15. I forgot I'm also participating in the Burda monthly sewalong deal. But my shorts will count for March. 

My New Sewer Grievance:
Why are gathered skirts suggested for beginners? 

Getting pretty, even gathers is no small feat! 

ETA: pants sneak peek