Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New Vogues!

In a funk. Mojo --> over there. So everyone needs to get to blogging so I can peruse the interwebs and read happy sewing stories!!! I might go pet my stash or something.

In the meantime I may as well give my +/- over the latest Vogue release.

For me; there is no fanfare. It's like 97.235% dresses. Dresses are awesome. I love dresses. I can't wear dresses day to day and probably won't reach for one on the weekend til May -- although I was lamenting over the snow we got last year, Mother's Day weekend, that foiled my plans to wear a pretty floral rayon challis maxi dress -- so maybe June. 

What I will likely buy:
9006
Love A & B (can't do those sleeves on C)

*maybe* 9014. 
Love the collar and back buttons. Maybe when there is a $3.99 sale. 

What I like but likely won't buy:
1392
My narrow shoulders would love this, unsure about the bosom though. 

8997
Isn't that beautiful??!

8991


Just gorgeous. But above my current "pay grade" ;)

9001
LOOK AT THAT SEAMING!!!! If you're an A/B cup... No way are DDs fitting comfortably. 

1402
Yes, it probably is the fabric. Still. Swooooon. 

1390
This just isn't special enough to make me pay $5 (spoiled Americans). And I think that all sizes A-J in one envelope is too much of a good thing. That sounds kind of nightmarish actually. 

Meh:
9008
Those shorts look hideous on the tiny, thin, tall model. Why is she wearing her grandpa's shorts?

9013
Whoda thunk there was a high waist skirt hiding under there, O_o. Nice Vogue. 

No. Just, No:
1400

A sack with giant boob pockets, deep neck slit, "cold shoulders" and a deep back slit. Too. Many. Things. At least just market it as beach wear or something and not a dress.

9003
800 yards of peplum...

Vogue is on sale at Hancock through 4/1. My Hancock is awesome. I bet I can score 9006 during this sale. 

**oooh there were some vintage patterns and a lingerie pattern released too. If you're into that sort of thing!