Friday, March 21, 2014

Hellooooooo. Have You Seen My Sewing Mojo??

I don't know where it went! I was on a roll. On. A. Roll. And then...ZAP! It's gone. I broke it. I don't know how.

I haven't touched my machine since Monday night. That's just...wrong. On Tuesday, my daughter decided I needed to make her something. So down to the cave we went, where she took about 96 seconds to go through all 6 bins and 1 box of fabric to decide on which fabrics were suitable for her.

She wants a hooded sweatshirt from the leopard with black contrast (because there isn't enough for an entire sweatshirt). PJ capris in the turq/black chevron flannel. A bomber jacket in the plaid (I am stealing that back. She cannot have it. She just doesn't know it yet. I will try to find a suitable replacement!). Crew neck tees (thinking McCall's 6927 will work and since I'm in the D cup and she's in the A/B cup - no tracing! SCORE!) in the two cotton fabrics and a sweatshirt in the blue (which was MINE to make a Lekala sweatshirt pattern).

Also, she remembered the tie-dye fleece that I bought to make matching sweatshirts for her and my friend's little girl. So because I am lazy smart, I am reusing M6614. The adjustments are already done and I only needed to add the hood.


She wears this crazy sweatshirt all the time and the fleece is holding up surprisingly well!





So I cut out the sweatshirt while she told me the latest teen drama about how friend A told friend B something that she had no business telling and that's why no one likes her because she cannot keep her mouth shut for one minute! (hahahaha! Run-on sentence: on purpose)

I also cut out the pattern for my V8772 top for the fitted blouse contest but did nothing more on it.

I have my Burda Style Illusion jacket ready to cut but haven't.

I have my abandoned shorts.

I got inspired to join the Bargainista Fashionista contest on PR after seeing this EXPENSIVE skirt:

So I sought out fabric and found this:

Good, right?!?!?

But it is quilting cotton and it is $10.48 a yard and it is at Fabric.com.
1) I don't mind using a quilting cotton; I'd line it and it wouldn't get worn a ton.
2) $10.48/yd is a little steep and since it's 44" fabric I'd need like 1 1/2 yards.
3) I abhor Fabric.com now. I've had 3 strikes with them and decided against better judgement to give them a 4th chance. They blew it. I am done.

So if anyone sees a similar black/white print like that, let me know!

Anyhow, I have plenty of inspiration and plenty of projects that want to be completed. I just have to find my mojo.